I recently wrote about my remote routines and there’s a line in there that is quite appropriate for this week 🙂
Just take it day by day and make adjustments as you see fit.
So, with our governments recent changes to our lockdown levels, they have required teachers to start going back to work, even if they aren’t teaching classes yet. My wife is a teacher, and that means she’s no longer at home during the week until the afternoon.
That leaves me at home with my 2 young kids.
We’ve had to adapt our routine and this week is the first week of doing this, but it’s pretty tricky as this new routine so far relies heavily on my discipline. Here’s basically how it goes:
- 6-7am wake up, my wife goes to work.
- 7-8am kids wake up, I feed them, get them dressed.
- 8am Do my quiet time (if there’s quiet) and make coffee.
- 9am Let the kids play because…they’re kids.
- 11am Teach my eldest and get her doing her school work
- 12:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm Put my youngest down for her nap
- 2pm-10pm Start work for the day. I’ll finish up at 10pm with a break for supper, cup of tea with my wife, and the kids bedtime. If I don’t have a hard stop at 10pm I won’t get enough sleep and the next day is utterly broken 😛
It’s not the best solution, but it’s a workable one until these lockdown restriction are over.